Chief Strategy Officer Michelle Pittman, along with the rest of the Forbes Agency Council, gives recommendations on what to think about before rebranding your business.
- Get to the root of why you want to rebrand. Don’t do it simply because you think you’ve had your current brand too long. Is it going to solve a problem?
- Identify the pros and cons of rebranding. Do you have a lot to lose with your existing brand?
- Seek feedback from your customers. What are their thoughts on your current brand?
- Timing is everything. Make sure you’re company is in the right place before flipping the switch.
- Rebranding comes with a cost. If you’re updating your logo, website and overall identity, that’s going to take time, resources and money. Are you ready and can you afford it?
- Remember to track the success of the rebrand. Did it bring in new customers? Did it help retain more existing ones?