JConnelly’s Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Forbes Agency Council Michelle Pittman explains the most important part of a brand story: the personal challenge.
Tips from the article include:
- The power of your brand is in your employees’ hands.
- Write your brand story as if you’re speaking it. When you’re conversational in nature, you sound more genuine.
- Start your brand story with your “why” not your “how.”
- Stay focused and don’t try to squeeze in too much into your story.
- Don’t dive immediately into your solution. Highlight the personal challenge, too.
- Keep jargon out of it!
- Consider video as the vehicle for your message.
- Stay authentic and true to your brand.
- Be relatable and include anecdotes to tell your story.
- Get to the point quickly. You don’t have much time to grab someone’s attention, so don’t bury the lead.
- Consider what will resonate with your audience. For more on what your audience wants to hear rather than what you want to say.