JConnelly’s Sustainability Expert Tom Kostigen sat down with Thrive Global to discuss the importance of corporate social responsibility, how he got his start in the area of CSR/sustainability and how organizations can participate.
Click here to read the full article. Highlights from the interview include:
- Tom’s early years as a journalist and how certain opportunities like working on a documentary in Africa, inspired him to want to empower organizations to help create a more sustainable world
- How companies can communicate the issues they care deeply about
- Advice for companies and organizations that are trying to attract employees that prioritize sustainability
Tom’s “5 things I wish someone shared with me before I became a sustainability expert.” Read the interview to get more of Tom’s perspective and related stories.
- Everyone lives in a cave
- Easy problems aren’t easy fixes
- There is protocol madness
- Money talks the most and is the loudest
- You don’t have to be a perfect example
Corporations don’t have to be perfect sustainability examples. They just have to start somewhere.